Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Momento description

My momento piece is based on my memory of my two families coming together during the holidays last year. My three materials were uncooked spaghetti, leaves, and bark. The spaghetti represents my bf's family, I used spaghetti because they are very Italian and we always have a pasta dish. It is what reminds me of them. I used leaves to represent my family. My family is very weird, but we also believe in a lot "hippie" things, ie. karma, zen, peace, meditation, dance, love, mother earth. I used the spaghetti to make a raft and used the leaves to accent it. I then placed bark on the raft and bits of pieces on it as well. The bark represents me, because like bark I have many layers to my being. I am a girlfriend, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a step mom, a pet lover, a psych student, an artist, a dancer, etc. I have a tough exterior but once you get to know me I am fun, loving, and kind. The pieces on either side are meant to symbolize the bits of my being that are added on every day. I am constantly growing! The bark is on the raft to show the support my two families give me and how the keep me up. The piece is meant to represent a uniting of two families and the support that they produce together for me, as well as each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment